Have you ever wondered what it would mean to join our church?
Membership is a covenantal relationship between a person and the United Church of Milton based on an active commitment to our mission & values.
A member is a disciple of Jesus Christ. A disciple is devoted to the person of Jesus Christ, his people, and his passion who multiplies and makes more disciples. A member is a disciple who has publically committed him/herself to the Lordship of Jesus Christ and has fellowship with other disciples in the church.A member is committed to our core values and spiritual commitments.
BECOMING A MEMBER
A person becomes a member by entering into a covenant of membership by publically promising, during worship, to keep and honor the mission, vision, values, and spiritual commitments.
Membership is annually renewed by committing his/her time, treasure and talent to the work of Jesus Christ during the annual stewardship campaign.
For more info see our Core Values under the Who We Are tab.
OUR TOP TEN COMMITMENTS
Spiritual disciplines to help people mature in their faith
1. Strive to develop a mature relationship with Christ
2. Meet God daily in prayer
3. Meet God daily through the scriptures
4. Meet God through weekly/regular worship
5. Fellowship with other Christians, especially those who are part of this household of faith.
6. Discover your spiritual gifts (for ministry)
7. Find a ministry or place of service.
8. Offer responsible financial support – percentage giving/tithing
9. Mission – find a place to serve in the community
10. Disciple/mentor another person in the faith